Saturday, April 15, 2006

Orb DVR


I just ran across this on the trusty Gizmodo feed. I was pretty skeptical about it as I've seen some stuff like this in the past and they just didn't work all that well.

I loaded it onto my computer and gave it a shot. A little strange to setup, but certainly doable. I setup my laptop in the same room and gave it a shot. Seems to work pretty well. I've got a couple of things to work out, but so far so good.

Orb DVR Everywhere: Take That TiVo With You: "If you have TiVoToGo and a TiVo Series 2 DVR, Orb DVR Everywhere will let you stream programs from that TiVo to any Web-enabled mobile device, PDA, or PC. It will also let you access music, photos, or video from your PC.

And, if your PC has a TV tuner, you can watch live or recorded TV from that, too. It's a free add-on to the company's Orb software for Windows XP.
-Gizmodo Blog Entry

So if you're interested check it out at www.orb.com.

No comments: