Saturday, October 15, 2005

iPod Nano


OK if you haven't seen one of these things in person yet you simply can't understand how truly small it is. I've heard the description that it's the size of 7 credit cards stacked up and that's a very fair description. I held it up to my wallet thing that I use (which is basically a money clip with a credit card pouch) and it really is that small. I was telling my friend that had it that it's only a matter of time before somebody comes up with a men's and women's wallet for it.



I personally have the 40Gb iPod and never thought I'd fill it. I'm actually about 55% of capacity and I still have probably 50 cds that I need to eventually load on it. But I've got to admit that 4Gb is an awful lot of music and I probably listen to less than that amount on my iPod as it is. This amount is perfect for a work out, or a long road trip, or even a weeks vacation. The fact that it's a flash memory unit means less stuff to go wrong and it probably doesn't have any issues with bouncing or such associated with running. (Not that I've ever had any problems with my iPod skipping nor that I would ever actually run for any reason short of someone chasing me.)

We'll see how Apple keeps doing with these things, but right now they seem to be rolling right along.....

-Kent

No comments: